Friday, March 28, 2008

The Trip from Hell

Well, I'm back in Boulder for a quick visit. Work-related issues made it financially reasonable to come back for a week, but it wasn't an easy trip. I started at noon on Monday by taking the train from Presov to Bratislava (5.5 hours). I avoided the notorious rip-offs of the Bratislava cab drivers by taking the tram to the bus station, and then took a very crowded bus to the Vienna airport (another hour). I got a shuttle bus to my hotel, and then walked into Fischamend for pizza and beer. The prices in Austria make me realize how cheap we have it in Presov.

Up the next morning at 5, back to the airport for a 2.5 hour flight to London. I haven't flown through Heathrow in years, and with good reason. What a zoo! Another 8 hours on the plane got me to JFK where it took close to an hour to get through customs. Then another 3.5 hours to Dallas and 2 more to Denver. Andrew picked me up at 11PM and I finally got home at midnight, roughly 43 hours after leaving Presov.

No comments: